This is undeniably the first Buffy of sweeps. The “Previously on…” segment contains clips from seasons 4, 6, and 7, and all were important. WARNING: My discussion contains spoilers.
There were a number of fantastic moments in this episode. Random thoughts follow.
- No, that phrase will never work again.
- Yes, Kennedy is good.
- So what the devil did happen to Giles?
- “Those were his exact words.”
- The slowly building friendship between Andrew and Xander is very cool.
- Evil people taking girls on camping trips and not touching them.
- The fake flu.
- Willow sure knows how to storm out of a room.
That’s probably enough for now.