When I started podcasting, I was single and living alone. That is no longer true. My amazing fiancee and her kids now live with me, schedules have changed at work, and I ultimately have less time to create and consume podcasts than I used to. What exactly this means is described in this announcement podcast, and in the text below.
- The Silver Screen Superheroes podcast ends in December 2017. Alex will continue to fill in for a few months, covering the Blade trilogy. I will return in September with coverage of Green Lantern, Daredevil, Elektra, and The Incredibles to round out the year.
- The X-Files Retrospective podcast will become a monthly podcast starting with coverage of season four, but will cover a complete disk of the Blu-Ray/DVD releases with each episode, so the series should wrap up more quickly.
- The Comic Book Physics podcast will continue as is.
- The Greatest _____ Tournament podcasts will continue to come out on an erratic schedule in the Master Audio feed.
- The Make Me Watch It podcast will start in January 2017 on a minimum schedule of once per month.
In updating my movie database, I realize that I have spent a few thousand dollars on movies I haven’t watched yet. The podcast would force me to watch them, including some that I wasn’t really interested in but ended up in my collection through box sets, etc. The format is that, once a month, at least myself and possibly but not necessarily an interested guest would talk about a movie. The choices would be determined by vote. To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- It has to be a movie I already own.
- It has to be a “feature length” movie by academy rules, which means more than 40 minutes.
Anyone can vote on what movies should be covered using the new Make Me Watch It Voting Options page, connected through the “Links” section on the right hand sidebar of the Bureau’s front page. I encourage all to vote. You’ll need a free Google account to vote, but will have the ability to change past votes because of that. Feedback can be left in the comments below, or sent to [email protected].