I’ll get this done while I’m still at work, too.
First, the genre releases:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Valentine
- Apocalypse 20 Movie Pack: A dirt cheap collection. I’m not sure which movies it includes.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Book 2 Earth, Vol. 1
- Baki The Grappler: Box Set vol. 1-6
- Beyond Reality – The First Season
- Ergo Proxy Vol. 2
- Hopeless Pictures: Season One
- Invincible Iron Man: Marvel’s latest direct-to-video animated feature has had a number of extreme reviews on Amazon already, including several that claimed to have viewed “advance copies” of the video while it was still in production. I’ll pick up a copy and review it some time in February or March.
- Marvel Animated Features gift set: Includes the first two Avengers movies, the new Iron Man movie, and at least one sculpted bust. (I can’t find a list of contents, but that’s a big box to only have Iron Man in it.)
- Monsters and Madmen (Criterion Collection): Includes “The Haunted Strangler,” “Corridors of Blood,” “The Atomic Submarine,” and “First Man In Space.”
- UFOs: We Are Not Alone: By Rod Serling
- Very Best of One Step Beyond
Now, the non-genre releases:
- Bounty Hunters – The First Season
- Brokeback Mountain: A new two disk collector’s set, also available on HD-DVD.
- Fiddler on the Roof: A new two disk set.
- The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. 1
- The Guardian: This Coast Guard drama is also available on Blu-ray.
- Jesus Camp
- John Pinette / I’m Starvin’
- Robert Mitchum – The Signature Collection: This includes “Angel Face,” “Macao,” “Home From The Hill,” “The Sundowners,” “The Good Guys and the Bad Guys,” and “The Yakuza.”
- Sanjuro (Criterion Collection): Akira Kurosawa made fantastic samurai films, many of which were remade as American Western films.
- Saw III: Also available on Blu-ray.
- This Film Is Not Yet Rated: A film about the MPAA and its rating system.
- Ultimate TV Westerns – 150 Episodes
- Walker, Texas Ranger – The Second Season
- The Waltons – Complete Fourth Season
- Yojimbo (Criterion Collection): More Kurosawa goodness. The American remake of this film is known as “A Fistful of Dollars.”
- Yojimbo and Sanjuro: A collection of the two Criterion releases.
Finally, the pick of the week. I haven’t seen any of these titles, to be honest, but Yojimbo has an excellent reputation, as does This Film Is Not Yet Rated.