There are a couple of major notables this week, but not too many.
First, the genre releases:
- Baby Looney Tunes, Vol. 3 – Puddly Olympics
- Bridge to Terabithia: The 1985 version.
- Casino Royale: The 2006 version with Daniel Craig, not the earlier spoof with Woody Allen and David Niven. Also available in Blu-ray format.
- Cool McCool: The Complete Series: A James Bond spoof from the 1960s.
- The Ed Wood Collection – A Salute to Incompetence
- Ghost (Special Collector’s Edition): I suspect this is a repressing, but I don’t remember exactly.
- Good Boy! (Special Edition): It seems dogs were actually an alien invasion force sent to take over the world. Who knew?
- Initial D First Stage – The Complete First Season
- Loonatics Unleashed – The Complete First Season: Super hero looney tunes.
- Pretender 2001 / The Pretender – Island of the Haunted: The made for TV movies that follow the series.
- Robin of Sherwood – Set One
- Sublime: The unrated edition.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – The Original Series (Season Four)
- Trinity Blood – Chapter V: Watch for a review of the first novel shortly.
Now, the non-genre releases:
- American Cousins
- Bosom Buddies – The First Season
- The Burmese Harp – Criterion Collection
- Dukes of Hazzard – The Beginning: This is the unrated version of the prequel.
- Fires on the Plain – Criterion Collection
- The Holiday: Also available on Blu-ray.
- I Love Lucy: Seasons 7-9
- Laguna Beach – Season Two
- The Man Who Sued God: Good luck collecting.
- National Lampoon’s Spring Break
- Wind at my Back – Complete Seasons One and Two
- Without A Trace – Season Two
- WWE – Royal Rumble, Complete Anthology: I think I just got Dave’s attention.
Finally, the pick of the week. I’ve got to go with the Ed Wood collection. There’s no more reliable way to laugh than to sit down with an Ed Wood flick and just watch the train wreck itself, taking the entire train yard with it.
The only thing I’m even remotely interested in this week is the Bond movie. *sigh*
Not to pick nits….
But how is Casino Royale a genre release? :)
Re: Not to pick nits….
It’s borderline, and we’ve had the discussion before, but we ruled ‘Bond’ flicks to be genre. Admittedly, ‘Casino Royale’ is pretty light on the gadgets and gizmos.