Timeshredder will have the Saturday movie review up later today. In the meantime, you can take a look at movies you might want to watch next week.
First, the DVD releases:
- Baby Blues
- The Batman – The Complete Third Season
- C.S.I. Crime Scene Investigation – Seasons 1-6: Man, this is a great show. This release is just a repackage of the existing releases, though, so those of us who picked them up already won’t find anything new here.
- Cartoon Classics: We know there are 74 cartoons here, and that the packaging has a large number of public domain characters, but that’s about all we know.
- Cartoon Festival: This one has a 76 cartoon count from the same company.
- Christmas Evil: Because the words “Christmas” and “Evil” just aren’t together often enough.
- Cinderella: Don’t expect the Disney version.
- Crime Classics 50 Movie Pack: The previous entries in this line have had mixed quality in their collectons. By “mixed,” I mean you’re lucky to get three good ones, and you’ll probably have five mediocre ones. The rest are bad enough to be fun.
- The Doris Day Collection, Vol. 2: Includes “Romance on the High Seas,” “My Dream Is Yours,” “On Moonlight Bay,” “I’ll See You In My Dreams,” “By The Light of the Silvery Moon,” and “Lucky Me.”
- Hanna-Barbera Storybook Favourites
- Horror 100 Movie Pack: The original Horror 50 movie pack was the best of the 50 movie packs, including “Nosferatu,” “Metropolis,” and some other old gems. I assume that this includes those 50 and more, but I could be wrong.
- How William Shatner Changed The World: I caught this on TV a while ago. It’s an amusing look at the similarity between technology on Star Trek and the technology of today.
- Major League: This is the “Wild Thing Edition with Turf Cover.”
- Mel Gibson Ultimate Collection: Includes “Braveheart,” “We Were Soldiers,” and the director’s cut of “Payback,” which I hear is a significant improvement over the original.
- Mystery and Murder – 25 Killer Crime Classics
- Payback – The Director’s Cut
- Phantasm: Everything I know about this series I learned from this page.
- Phantasm III: No signs of entries 2 or 4 in the series this week.
- Pride of the Yankees
- Scooby Doo, Where Are You! The Complete Third Season: Yes, the official packaging does end the question with an exclamation point.
- Shanghai Surprise
- The Streets of San Francisco – Season 1, Vol. 1
- Teen Titans – The Complete Third Season
- The Untouchables – Season One, Vol. 1
Now, the Blu-Ray releases:
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Payback – Straight Up – The Director’s Cut
- A Scanner Darkly: I’ve got this on preorder, so you can expect a review in a few weeks.
Here are the HD DVD releases:
Finally, the pick of the week. I’ve got to go with the CSI package. Yes, it’s a rerelease, but it’s a great show in a week filled with mediocrity.