We’ve gone from one of the longest weeks on records into one of the shortest. Also, as a side note, there will be no Saturday review tomorrow, as the review of Pirates of the Caribbean – At World’s End is probably going to be the most interesting thing we can post this particular weekend, anyway.
First, the DVD releases:
- The Andy Griffith Show – The Complete Series: All eight seasons, and a lot of it is pretty good.
- The Beatles: The Making of Help!
- The Call of Cthulhu: The Celebrated Story of H.P. Lovecraft: The script was written just before the advent of sound technology. It was produced very recently as a silent movie. Interesting concept.
- The Closer – The Complete Second Season
- F Troop – The Complete Second Season
- Free Zone
- Hannibal Rising
- Katharine Hepburn Collection: Includes “Morning Glory,” “Undercurrent,” “Sylvia Scarlett,” “Without Love,” “Dragon Seed” and “The Grass Is Green.”
- Naruto 12
- Naruto Uncut Boxed Set, Vol. 3 (Special Edition)
- Rawhide – The Second Season, Vol. 1
- Shanghai Express
- Starhunter – The Complete Series
- Superman Ultimate Collector’s Edition: The 14 disc set that came out last year had two problems, dealing with the complete lack of 2.0 sound on the theatrical of the original, and an inability to access special features on some pressing of Superman III. This release corrects these issues. (It contains every big screen feature length film, with the two Richard Donner worked on in theatrical and director’s cut editions, as well as Superman vs. the Mole Men, the Fleischer cartoons, Look, Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman, and other extras.
Now, the Blu-Ray releases:
- Basic Instinct: This may be the least mysterious mystery I’ve ever seen.
- Curse of the Golden Flower
- Weeds – Season 1
Here are the HD DVD releases:
Finally, the pick of the week. If you’ve got HD capability, pick up Lost In Translation. If not, but you didn’t get the Superman Ultimate Collector’s Edition the first time around, go for that.