The items of interest (to me, anyway) from DC and
Marvel are listed below. These will be listed in
Wednesday’s issue of Previews.
- Batman: Gotham County #1: This is a three
miniseries that takes Batman into the suburbs.
- Arkham Asylum Anniversary Edition HC: A
celebrating the 16th anniversary of the title.
- Superman in the Forties: A TPB collection
of the old Man
of Steel comic strips from newspapers, and from the
main comic titles.
- Infinite Crisis #1: The latest Crisis
finally kicks off.
- Green Lantern #6: The new series marches
on with Hal as
the main Green Lantern of Earth. I’ll be picking this
- Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #2: This is
a six issue
miniseries right now, but Johns has said that it will
be extended to
an ongoing if sales warrant. It’s another one I’ll be
- Showcase Presents: Metamorpho Vol. 1:
DC’s version of the
Essentials continue. Given my limited shelf space,
I’ll have to start
passing on some of these titles, including this
- House of M #8 (of 8): The big summer
event that promised
to change the face of the entire Marvel universe ends
issue. Half the series has already been published,
and I haven’t seen
any impact in the titles I’m reading yet…
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1: This
new series is
written by Peter David, and pencilled by Mike
Wieringo. I’d be on
board for this, but they’ve decided to launch in with
a twelve part
story crossing over into all of the Spider-Man titles
months. In October, PAD will write this, Marvel
Spider-Man #19, and Amazing Spider-Man
#525. Then, in
November and December, the regular writers on the
other two titles
will take turns writing the whole batch.
- She-Hulk 2 #1: The well reviewed but
badly selling title
gets another shot starting this October. Dan Slott is
back on board
- Nick Fury’s Howling Commandos #1: A new
series with a
group of supernatural commandos that might actually
- Ultimat Fantastic Four #24: Introducing
I’ll be getting this one, too.
- Ultimate Secret #4 (of 4): I’ll be
waiting for the trade,
collecting all four issues of this miniseries that was
begin in January 2005..
- Ultimate X-Men #64: Vaughan and Immonen
run, with a storyline that crosses over with the
waiting for the trade.
- Ultimate Spider-Man #84: Part six of
seven in “Gangwar.”
Once again, I’m waiting for the trade.
- Daredevil #78: Part three of five in the
last story arc
by the Bendis/Maleev team. Still no word on who will
take over for
January 2006. I’ll be getting this in TPB form.
- New Avengers #12: Bendis and Finch
continue the story arc
that will add the last regular member to the team.
I’ll be getting
- Secret War #5 (of 5): The quarterly
painted series will
finally wrap up. I have to wonder about the logic of
series anyway. It started to run late, and I’m really
lose interest in it. I say they should have waited
until they had all
five done before they started soliciting. I’ll still
be getting it to
wrap things up, but for the first time in a long
while, I’m going to
have to reread the first few issues just to remember
what the heck the
story was about in the first place.
- Fantastic Four #532: JMS and Mike McKone
wrap up their
first story arc with this one.
- Exiles #71: Not even a team of characters
that jump from
one dimension to the next can escape a House of M
tie-in. I’ll be
waiting for the trade.
- Supreme Power: Hyperion #2: The character
around the probable eventual leader of the Squadron
by series creator JMS.
- Supreme Power: Nighthawk #2: The Batman
analogue gets his
own title as well. I’ll be getting both character
minis by the issue,
and these will likely be the last Supremeverse titles
in the MAX
banner before the Marvel Knights reboot next
- The Book of Lost Souls #1: An Icon
imprint title by JMS.
It seems like a new ongoing, so I plan to wait for the
Somehow, the graphic novel descriptions didn’t make
it into the
electronic version of the solicitations this month, so
I’ll just list
the titles I plan to buy with their titles, but no
- Essential Werewolf by Night Vol. 1: Yet
another title in
the Essential line.
- Daredevil Vol. 12: Decalogue: From what
I’ve heard, this
is the best Bendis has written in a while.
- Supreme Power Vol. 3: High Command: I
collect this title
by the issue rather than in TPB form, so I won’t be
getting the TPB,
but I’m pointing it out anyway because the title has
impressive so far.
- X-Men: The End Book Two: Heroes and
Martyrs: Part two of
three for this “epic.” Let’s hope it makes more sense
than part one.