Another decent opening for Adam Sandler (who has opened with $35 million or more in his last 7 movies). We’ll see how it holds up. Apparently there’s another one of those “comic book” movies opening next week.
- Nacho Libre
- Waist Deep*
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- The Lake House
- The Break-Up
- Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- The Da Vinci Code
More facts and figures from Box Office Mojo.
This Week’s Releases
- Superman Returns (Wednesday)
- The Motel (Wednesday, Limited)
- Strangers with Candy (Wednesday, Limited)
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Who Killed the Electric Car (Limited)