Fiz skipped town on us. Well, technically he went on vacation. Here’s his list.
First, the genre releases:
- Aeon Flux (Widescreen Special Collector’s Edition): I don’t know what makes it more special than the previous release.
- Chance Pop Session – Complete Collection
- Clone: A small release I honestly haven’t heard of.
- Dante’s Cove – Season One: Man, this series sounds weird.
- Farscape – Season 4, Collection 2: The eleventh Starburst collection, out of 12. I’m hoping for a complete series box set of these.
- Sealab 2021 – Season Four
- Ultimate Avengers 2: This one introduces the new Black Panther.
- Xiaolin Showdown – Season One
Now, the non-genre releases:
- 3 Movie Comedy Collection: Contains Without a Paddle, School of Rock and Orange County.
- Airplane – The “Don’t Call Me Shirley” Edition: A rerelease, but an amusing one.
- The Audrey Hepburn Collection: with Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Roman Holiday and Sabrina.
- Beautiful People – The Complete Series
- The Billy Wilder DVD Collection: with Stalag 17, Sunset Boulevard, and Sabrina.
- Bring It On – All Or Nothing: A direct-to-video sequel. The original was mediocre.
- Candid Camera: Greatest Moments
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Bueller Bueller Edition: A rerelease, but a mighty good one.
- Four Brothers
- Frat Boy Collection: with Porky’s, Bachelor Party and PCU.
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – Season Four
- Grounded For Life – Season Three
- Hustle and Flow
- Inside Man
- Jayne Mansfield Collection: with The Girld Can’t Help It, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? and The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw.
- Laguna Beach – Second Season
- Last Holiday
- Laugh of I’ll Shoot Collection: with The Naked Gun, Top Secret! and the Airplane – Don’t Call Me Shirley Edition.
- Prison Break – Season One: I’ve heard fantastic things about this show, but haven’t watched it myself.
- Samuel L. Jackson Ultimate Collection: with Coach Carter, Shaft and Rules of Engagement.
- The Weather Man
- The Wire – Season Three
- Yours, Mine and Ours: This one’s the remake.
Finally, the pick of the week.
I generally reserve judgement for only those titles I’ve seen. In this case, I’ve only seen three of the above titles, all of which are out in rerelease. I’m going to make an exception, and trust in the opinions of several people who’ve made recommendations to me about Prison Break. I haven’t seen it myself, but those who tell me I’d love it rarely steer me wrong.