There are titles worth looking at this week, but the big seasonal push starts in earnest next week.
First, the genre releases:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks – Trick or Treason: I’d have said this release is about two months early.
- Angel Tales: The Complete Collection: More Anime.
- Argentosoma: Anime Legends Complete Collection
- Blackstar – The Complete Series
- .hack//sign – Anime Legends Complete Collection
- House on Haunted Hill 2-pack: Contains the 1959 and 1999 versions.
- Invasion – The Complete Series: I enjoyed the first few episodes, but had to cull my viewing habits to fit in my work schedule.
- Silent Hill: Based on the video game.
- Threshold – The Complete Series: The first of several genre shows to get the ax last year.
- The Wicker Man
- The Wizard: It’s been years since I’ve seen this feature length Nintendo commercial starring Fred Savage.
Now, the non-genre
- Apollo 13: It’s a rerelease.
- A Beautiful Mind: Another rerelease.
- Beyond the Poseidon Adventure: Yes, they made a sequel.
- The Bill Cosby Show – Season One: The 1969 series.
- A Bit of Fry and Laurie – Seasons One and Two: Also available individually.
- Blue Thunder: The Complete Series: All 11 episodes, based on the movie.
- The Complete Shiloh Film Collection
- Dances With Wolves: A rerelease.
- Dennis Potter Collection: Includes “The Singing Detective” and “Pennies from Heaven”
- Double Indemnity (Special Edition): A Billy Wilder film noir starring Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, and Edward G. Robinson. That’s a must-see.
- Film Geek: This one sounds interesting.
- House, M.D. – Season Two: I haven’t watched it, but I’ve heard great things about it.
- Kicking and Screaming – Criterion Collection: I swear, this company just doesn’t release bad movies.
- The Pianist: A rerelease.
- Poseidon: The recent Wolgang Peterson version.
- Veronica Mars – Complete Season Two: Another show I’ve heard great things about but have never seen.
Finally, the pick of the
week. There are a few notables this week, but looking at the next two release lists, I’d say your best bet is to hang on to your money to spend in a week or two.