This is a great week for legacy TV and Gangster titles, but not much else.
First, the DVD releases:
- American Dad, Volumes 1-3
- Best of the Price is Right
- The Bob Newhart Show – Seasons 1-4
- Bonnie and Clyde (Two Disc Special Edition)
- Bonnie and Clyde – Ultimate Collector’s Edition
- Dark Angel – The Complete Series: I should get around to watching and reviewing this, too.
- Day Break – The Complete Series
- The Dracula Saga (Special Edition)
- Frisky Dingo – Season 1
- Green Acres – Seasons 1 – 3
- In Living Color – Seasons 1-5: Possibly the complete series; I don’t know how long it ran.
- Invisible Man: Season One: To the best of my knowledge, this recent series didn’t have a season two.
- The Kite Runner
- Lost Highway: This is the anamorphic version. I’ve seen full screen versions in virtually every grocery store discount bin I’ve checked in the past few years.
- Lost In Space – Complete Series
- Mary Tyler Moore Show – Seasons 1-4: Definitely not the entire run.
- The Mist (Two Disc Collector’s Edition)
- Mr. Wong, Detective – The Complete Collection: “Who should we cast as our Chinese detective? Hey, how about that tall British guy?” Man, has Hollywood come a long way since those days. Includes “Mr. Wong, Detective,” “The Mystery of Mr. Wong,” “Mr. Wong in Chinatown,” “The Fatal Hour,” “Doomed To Die” and “Phantom of Chinatown.”
- Noble House
- NYPD Blue Seasons 1-4: Definitely not the entire run.
- Painkiller Jane
- Party of Five – The Complete Third Season
- Reba – Seasons 1-4
- Remington Steele – Complete Series
- Sliders: The Fourth Season: Long, LONG after seasons 1-3 hit the market. I’m behind on these reviews, as well.
- That ’70s Show – The Complete Series
- Tripping The Rift: The Movie
- The Vice: The Complete First Season
- Voltron: Defender of the Universe – Paradise Lost
- Walk The Line (Extended Cut)
- Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 1: A rerelease, including “The Public Enemy,” “White Heat,” “Angels With Dirty Faces,” “Little Ceasar,” “The Petrified Forest” and “The Roaring Twenties.”
- Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 2: Originally released as “Warner Tough Guys Collection” because one title in the set doesn’t actually have any gangsters, even though it’s the same feel. Includes “Bullets or Ballots,” “City For Conquest,” “Each Dawn I Die,” “G Men,” “San Quentin,” and “A Slight Case of Murder.”
- Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 3: This is the new set, containing “Smart Money,” “Picture Snatcher,” “The Mayor of Hell,” “Lady Killer,” “Black Legion” and “Brother Orchid.”
- Wings – The Sixth Season
- The Woody Allen Collection, Sets 1-3: A title list would be nice.
Now, the Blu-Ray releases:
Some of the last HD DVD releases are as follows:
- Bob Hope Collection: Includes “My Favorite Brunette” and “Son of Paleface.”
- HD Basics: A “system tuner” for the HD DVD format.
Finally, the pick of the week. It’s a close call between the first Gangster set and the Remington Steele set. Decide for yourself based on how dark you want the tone to be in what you’re watching.