The complete list is available here. There may be a few reviews this week, depending on the specific contents of the issues. Given my work schedule in the next few days, don’t expect any reviews of Secret Invasion until Sunday.
Dark Horse Comics
- CONAN THE CIMMERIAN #0
- INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES TP VOL 01
- STAR WARS DARK TIMES #12 VECTOR PART 6
- DC UNIVERSE SPECIAL REIGN IN HELL 80 PAGE GIANT
- FINAL CRISIS #2 (OF 7) – This series will get reviewed, but I’m not as familiar with the DC Universe as with Marvel, so it’ll probably be in the “complete collection” kind of review so I can get the time to read “52,” “Countdown,” etc.
- GREEN LANTERN #32
- SUPERMAN #677
- SUPERNATURAL RISING SON #3 (OF 6)
- TRINITY #4 – This will also get reviewed. It’s another 52 issue weekly, though: how many issues do you want in each review?
- AVENGERS INITIATIVE #14 – Secret Invasion, with a full story arc review coming. (Last week’s “Incredible Herc” will be reviewed in a full arc, too, now that the individual issue crossovers seem to be over with, or at least restricted to Bendis’ work.)
- BLACK PANTHER #37 – I’m dropping this as soon as the Secret Invasion crossover wraps up.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #39 – On the other hand, I have no intentions of dropping this in the forseeable future. Brubaker is doing a fantastic job writing this title, and the art is a perfect fit. His first year on the title was Wizard’s choice for the best title of the year, and it’s been improving steadily ever since.
- DAREDEVIL #108 – Another Brubaker title, and just as dependable.
- FANTASTIC FOUR #558 – Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch tried too hard to “wow” the reader in the first arc. Let’s hope they relax a bit and things naturally improve.
- HULK #4 – Written by Jeph Loeb. My experience with Loeb’s work is that he has good ideas that fail in details and execution, so they just don’t live up to expectations. I’m not getting that feeling from this title just yet, though.
- IMMORTAL IRON FIST #16
- MARVEL 1985 #2 (OF 6) – Millar’s other title this week.
- MIGHTY AVENGERS #15 – A Secret Invasion tie-in by Bendis. If it feels like another standalone chapter, it’ll get an individual review.
- MS MARVEL #28 – A Secret Invasion tie-in.
- NEW AVENGERS #42 – The second Bendis Secret Invasion tie-in. As with Mighty, the review will come here if it’s standalone, or later if it’s a story arc.
- NEW WARRIORS #13 – Also on the chopping block after Secret Invasion (the tie-in with which hasn’t yet begun.)
- RUNAWAYS #30 – Ending Joss Whedon’s run.
- SECRET INVASION RUNAWAYS YOUNG AVENGERS #1 (OF 3) – This Secret Invasion tie-in will get reviewed when all three issues are out.
- THOR AGES OF THUNDER REIGN OF BLOOD
- THUNDERBOLTS #121
- ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #123
- ULTIMATES 3 #4 (OF 5) – This Loeb title is the one that doesn’t feel like it’s living up to the hype.
- UNCANNY X-MEN #499 – Divided We Stand, and leading into issue 500. Note that this is actually the 500th issue of the title. (It was part of the July 1997 “Flashback” event with all of the -1 issues.)
- X-MEN LEGACY #213 – Divided We Stand
- YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #6 (OF 6) – I’ve enjoyed the first five issues quite a bit.