The complete list is available in the usual place. This week’s column also includes a breakdown of planned upcoming reviews.
Dark Horse Comics
- STAR WARS CLONE WARS #4 (OF 6)
DC’s “Origins and Omens” kicks off this week. Each issue in the crossover features a backup story narrated by the scarred Guardian. The vignettes will hints and major upcoming storylines including but not limited to “Blackest Night”.
- ACTION COMICS #874 – Origins and Omens
- BATMAN #686
- BATMAN RIP DELUXE EDITION HC – I may pick this up, to see if “Final Crisis” makes any more sense.
- BOOSTER GOLD #17 – Origins and Omens
- GREEN ARROW BLACK CANARY #17 – Origins and Omens
- GREEN LANTERN CORPS #33 – Origins and Omens
- NIGHTWING #153 – Origins and Omens
- SHOWCASE PRESENTS AQUAMAN TP VOL 03
- TITANS #10 – Origins and Omens
- TRINITY #37
- ANGEL #17 – This is a continuation of the series originally branded “Angel: After The Fall.”
- WALKING DEAD #58
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #586 – This is a “Character Assassination” interlude.
- AVENGERS INITIATIVE PREM HC VOL 03 SECRET INVASION – A trade paperback of one of the more enjoyable Secret Invasion crossovers.
- AVENGERS INVADERS #8 (OF 12)
- INCOGNITO #1 – This is the second printing I’ve been talking about for a while. GET IT. The teview of the first printing is here.
- INCOGNITO #2 – This is the highest priority review for me.
- NEW WARRIORS #20 – Final issue.
- THOR #600 – This will also get reviewed “shortly.”
- X-INFERNUS #3 (OF 4)
- X-MEN ORIGINS SABRETOOTH
I’m getting behind in reviews again, but I want to list what I intend to review when I find the time to reread the content, listed in order of priority:
- Incognito #2 – This review will appear the day I pick up this week’s stack. I hope that’ll be today, but it’s a long work day ahead, so it may be Friday.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #22 – Last week’s one shot is overdue for review.
- Thor #600 – Shipping this week.
- Final Crisis: Revelations – This event miniseries review is already two weeks overdue.
- Final Crisis #1-7 – Also overdue, though the individual issues have been reviewed. I may hold off on this until we’re closer to the release date of the collected edition.
- Amazing Spider-Man #559-588 – All unreviewed issues of “Brand New Day” in a single, combined review at the end of the story arc designed to wrap up the first year. The last issue is scheduled to ship on March 18, and then I’ll need time to sit and read 30 issues.
- Angel: After The Fall #1-16 – This is, effectively, Angel Season Six. (The story arc starting today can be viewed as season seven.)
- Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #1-5 – We’ve only seen the first three issues so far, so this will wait for the last two to ship.
- War of Kings – I’ll be giving this the event treatment once more. Issue 1 hits March 4. March 18 also sees a few of these reviews, as “War of Kings: Darkhawk” and “X-Men: Kingbreaker” both wrap up.
- Blackest Night – I’ll definitely be reading the main series, but given my experience with Final Crisis, this DC event may not get complete coverage. Instead, I may limit according to creators or the issues I’ve been picking up anyway.
- Green Lantern since Sinestro Corps War – I want to get the recent “Green Lantern” and “Green Lantern Corps” story arcs reviewed before Blackest Night starts.
- Trinity #1-52 – I’ll try to review the complete series when it’s done. By my reckoning, that’ll be late May.
- Dark Reign – As each tie-in story arc concludes, I’ll do a full review. So far, “Secret Warriors” and “Dark Avengers” have had the most impressive kickoffs.