Astronomers lately have found:
- an early galaxy, a long time ago and far, far away, that indicates star formation began quite early on in the universe’s history.
- a pair of alien worlds in such close orbit that an observer on one would see the other in the sky.
- more evidence in a lunar crater that our moon has ice on its surface.
Closer to home:
- Sunita Williams, who holds the record for the longest spaceflight by a female astronaut will take over as the commander of the International Space Station
- Scientists and others gather this weekend to discuss the search for alien life in California. Er, they’re gathering in California to discuss the search for alien life.
- Some guy claims leprechauns attacked him.
Click for some spectacular video unrelated to any of these stories.
Photographer Chad Blakely captures three years of Northern Lights: