I enjoy gaming, but I don’t have a lot of time for console games these days. If I plan to review something, I’m more motivated to make the time to spend on it, so I’m opening up voting so our readers can decide what I will review next. I do most of my gaming on my iPad mini, and for this, I’m focused on the “buy once, own the whole thing, one player RPG” style of gaming. (I still play games like Final Fantasy: Record Keeper every day, but I want to review an entire game, so I want to stick to complete ones, and ones where I don’t miss out on something if I have to set it aside for a week.) The actual voting takes place here, and the weighting of the votes will be explained below.
The games on the list are weighted by a few factors: games earn “points” if I haven’t played them before, if I’ve never finished them for any system, if I’ve never finished the iOS version, if I’ve only finished it once, if I’ve never fulled explored and gutted all content, and if I’ve played previous games in the narrative sequence. In addition, I prefer games with cloud saving so I can switch back and forth between phone and tablet, and if it uses the Game Centre so I have clear goals for myself. The games on the list are as follows:
- Final Fantasy 2, 3, 6 (originally released as 3 in North America), 9, 15 (Pocket Edition), and 4: The After Years (the direct sequel to the game released as Final Fantasy 2 on Super Nintendo)
- Final Fantasy Dimensions and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- Dragon Quest 1-6, 8 (because 7 only got an iOS release in Japan)
- Adventure of Mana (originally released as Final Fantasy Adventure for North American Game Boys)
- Secret of Mana
- Dawn of Magic, an iOS only game that was in the App Store early on and cropped up when searching for “Final Fantasy.”
As part of my self-discipline, voting will remain open until August 12, because I have other things to focus on up to and including August 11.