Oh goodie, another underdog sports flick. In the meantime, Snakes on a Plane spirals into a crash landing at #8. Pirates (after raking in $960 million around the globe) finally slips off the top 10 list.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
- Little Miss Sunshine
- World Trade Center
- Step Up
- Snakes on a Plane
- Barnyard: The Original Party Animals
More facts and figures from Box Office Mojo.
This Week’s Releases
Idiocracy is Mike Judge’s first film since Office Space and it’s not even in my town? Crap!
- The Wicker Man
- Flannel Pajamas (Limited)
- Idiocracy (Limited)
- Lassie (Limited)
- Looking for Kitty (Limited)
- Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles (Limited)
- This Film is Not Yet Rated (Limited)
All releases are this Friday, unless otherwise noted. Limited releases are usually confined to New York/LA and other major cities. Check your local theater listings.