Star Wars in 3-D

Reportedly, George Lucas plans to add 3-D to the six Star Wars films, possibly starting with the original.

Will Han or Greedo shoot first out of the screen? Will light sabers be any more impressive when we feel like ducking them?

And will he add the smell of Bantha poodoo next?

7 replies on “Star Wars in 3-D”

  1. Dark Nexus says:

    Let’s place odds…
    I’m saying a 99% chance of 1% awesome and a 1% chance of 99% awesome.

  2. chad says:

    3-D is good
    I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D, and it was pretty good. They didn’t try to abuse it with lots of visual tricks; rather, it was just a regular movie that was 3-D instead of 2-D. But requiring everyone to pay an extra $2.50 for the glasses was a downer.

    ____________________
    Check out Chad’s News

    • axion says:

      Re: 3-D is good

      I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D, and it was pretty good. They didn’t try to abuse it with lots of visual tricks; rather, it was just a regular movie that was 3-D instead of 2-D. But requiring everyone to pay an extra $2.50 for the glasses was a downer.

      I’ll just be happy what they didn’t charge $2.5 million for the computer time that was used to render the movie.

      Don’t forget the $2,50 is not required. You could decide watch the movie without the glasses, and live with the exploding head.

      But in all honesty just be happy they did not charge you $250 for them $2,- glasses like ray-ban does.

      • axion says:

        Re: 3-D is good

        I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D, and it was pretty good. They didn’t try to abuse it with lots of visual tricks; rather, it was just a regular movie that was 3-D instead of 2-D. But requiring everyone to pay an extra $2.50 for the glasses was a downer.

        I’ll just be happy what they didn’t charge $2.5 million for the computer time that was used to render the movie.

        Don’t forget the $2,50 is not required. You could decide watch the movie without the glasses, and live with the exploding head.

        But in all honesty just be happy they did not charge you $250 for them $2,- glasses like ray-ban does.

        Now comes the spoiler: now that you own a pair of glasses next time you can bring your own, so if last time you where not so cheap and forked out the $2,50 you wouldn’t have been required to buy this time, not to mention the tylenol money you would have saved at the drugstore.

    • Dark Nexus says:

      Re: 3-D is good

      I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D, and it was pretty good. They didn’t try to abuse it with lots of visual tricks; rather, it was just a regular movie that was 3-D instead of 2-D. But requiring everyone to pay an extra $2.50 for the glasses was a downer.

      ____________________
      Check out Chad’s News

      You had to pay for them? Any place I’ve gone to that does the 3-D movies hands them out and collects them again at the end, no extra charge (other than the already existing Imax premium).

      • chad says:

        Re: 3-D is good

        I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D, and it was pretty good. They didn’t try to abuse it with lots of visual tricks; rather, it was just a regular movie that was 3-D instead of 2-D. But requiring everyone to pay an extra $2.50 for the glasses was a downer.

        You had to pay for them? Any place I’ve gone to that does the 3-D movies hands them out and collects them again at the end, no extra charge (other than the already existing Imax premium).

        They handed them out when I bought the ticket. Each pair was in it’s own sealed, plastic bag, and they didn’t collect them at the end. Go figure.

  3. joe__gee says:

    Han and Greedo, 3-D
    This time they FIGHT before the shooting starts.

    Hand and Greedo stand up from the table, and the camera begins to whirl in Matrix-esque bullet-time enhanced by ILM MEGA-DIGITAL-THX^3-3D

    (with action in caps to emphasize over the top 3-D effects)

    First HAN spins closer to the camera, then comes GREEDO.

    HAN then greedo

    GREEDO then han

    HAN then greedo

    GREEDO pulls his WEAPON and han is in the background

    HAN pulls his WEAPON and greedo is in the background

    the scene flashes to dark, you hear the sound of a blaster, and GREEDO tumbles out of the screen into your lap, with han in the background.

    BOOYA!

    I’m in line. :/

    -Joe

Comments are closed.