Christopher Nolan has announced the title for his third Batman movie: The Dark Knight Rises.
Along with killing 3D for filming (yea!), he’s also said that Edward Nygma aka The Riddler will not be the villain used in this film.
So, keeping in mind Nolan’s desire to keep these films “grounded in reality,” what villain do you think he’ll go with?
Personally, I’m a little bummed that The Riddler won’t be the villain. I got a chance to read the DC “Justice” series not long after The Dark Knight came out, and I felt that Nygma would be the perfect villain. A criminal master mind with a psychological disorder that prohibits him from lying (thus the use of riddles).
Here’s my spit-balled list based on the “reality” constriction:
- Bane – Go read “Knightfall” and you’ll know why.
- Catwoman – Lord I hope not.
- Deadshot – A suicidal assassin? Sounds like something right up Nolan’s alley.
- Firefly – Some men really do want to watch the world burn.
- Harley Quinn – With the Joker not being recast, why not give us his psychotic girlfriend?
- The Mad Hatter – All sorts of crazy.
- The Penguin – Could be creepy fun.
- Ra’s al Ghul – He doesn’t die, does he?
- The Ventriloquist – In Nolan’s hands, this could be really freaking creepy.