Let’s get ready to hiatuuuuuus!!
Just doesn’t sound a cool, does it? Next week is our last episode for 2009. Four episodes? Really?
Title: A Bright New Day
Chad reports from the Peace Ambassador Center as 100 diplomatic visas are being issued to the first wave of American Visitors, with Anna getting the 1st, but not everyone agrees with the decision. Meanwhile Erica has started tracking a death threat while paired with a V officer, as she actually has to protect the V’s, and Ryan starts reaching out to his old friends to build up opposition forces and help fight-off the V’s.
- Converging plotlines make my brain happy.
- Laura: “Thank you Mother.”
- “The Fifth Column says ‘hello.'”
- Reconnected? Bliss? Color me intrigued.
- That may well be the most creative excuse for showing a woman in her undergarments. Ever.
- All too brief usage of Alan Tudyk. I don’t care how contrived it is, they better find a way to get him back.
- Next week is the last episode for 2009? Damn, it’s just getting up to speed and now you’re putting it on hiatus for the holidays? I don’t think the ratings can take that kind of hit.
Originality: 4 out of 6. Some new twists and turns are keeping it fresh.
Effects: 4/6. The “Wall” was pretty cool.
Story: 4/6. Moving forward, getting some character depth.
Acting: 5/6. Father Jack is an interesting, flawed character. I like it.
Production: 5/6. Still has high production values. Sets and camera work are good.
Emotional response: 4/6. While the assassin plot line didn’t exactly shock me, the parental revelations at the end of the episode got me good.
Overall: 4/6. Gave us a lot more than last week. I’d say keep ’em coming, but we only get one more episode this year.
The episode “A Bright New Day” receives thirty out of forty-two.